Sunday, February 25, 2007

Back from a Sabbatical

Sometimes one goes away for just a moment, and that moment goes on far too long. If I've been missed, I apologize. Several things have kept me busy; most importantly, stumbling upon a group of Freethinkers, with whom I shared much. Many of the conversations have been thought-provoking, a few have been downright rewarding.

If "Freethinker" is a term you are unfamiliar with; it generally embraces those who either have significant doubts about the existence of any god(s) or who are quite certain that supernatural beings do not exist. The accurate term for the latter is "athiest" which is by no means ominous or dangerous; non-theist more or less serves the same purpose. Whatever.
Which term makes most sense to you, it describes me. I don't accept the naive notion that we were created by, and exist at the pleasure of, any god.

I find nature sufficiently wondrous without assigning it to a Creator - particularly the one the bible describes. I have explained my position in the most straightforward terms I can, so that you can choose to explore this arena with me, or turn tail and run. If you are terrified and repulsed by the very suggestion that your treasured myths may not be fact, then it's time to scamper on home. Otherwise, you're more than welcome here.

Powder (keg)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Powder. Looks like I can leave a comment, but I see no way to get at the trackback business. -Dave